Monday, March 5, 2012

Letter from Elder Z. - March 5th


Howdy Ho!
 
Hey! I betcha y'all are wondering what happened to me in transfers and do I got news for you...I have been sent up to the Franconia ward in the Mt. Vernon Stake! The city I live in is in Alexandria and it is way cool up here. This is more of a melting pot. You know I don't really like that phrase. It's like we are melting all the uniqueness off of everyone and making them strictly Americans. It ain't really right ya know? It is like really diverse up here though. I have in just the last few days met someone from Nepal, Gambia, several from Ghana, Puerto Rico, Mexico, man pretty much everywhere. It's a pretty amazing thing that all of these people from around the world live in such a close proximity.
 
My new Companions name is Elder Mooso. He is from somewhere in Idaho I forget where. It is all the same to me. He went on up to BYU-I for a little whiles. Which is cool I guess...I still got a little bit of a angst against that school. Who knows though I might end up going there.
 
We live in an apartment which is far superior in "niceness" then my last apartment. We actually have carpet and a dishwasher! It is super nice! The Mt. Vernon Zone has actually the most missionaries in it than any other in our mission. Because their are so many people here that are willing to talk to us. It is our monthly goal in Mt. Vernon to Baptize like 9 a month on average. That may not seem like a whole lot for people serving in South America, but that is pretty huge for the North East. Our missions pretty sweet! Not meaning to brag or anything, but we had the highest baptizing mission in the North East in December. Ya in DC South Mission we baptize. Speaking about the mission in general. We have a new mission President coming in sometime in June he's actually pretty young like 45 or something like that and has 4 kids in school. So that guy and his wife are going to be super busy. It is super crazy to think of a different guy coming in. I have come to love President and Sister Albright and will miss them a lot. They have done a whole lot for me. At the close of this transfer actually the Sister Missionaries that I came out with will be going home....that is kinda freaky. I feel like I just got out here, but I'm one of the older guys now. I don't feel like it I swear I'm still like the least of these out here.
 
Any who, I said goodbye to all of my friends in Warrenton earlier on in the week. I'm going to miss them a whole lot, but it will be ok. They got good missionaries taking care of em. I will be going back next week for a baptism :). I'm super excited about that.
 
Anyway love you all have a great week!