Monday, March 26, 2012

Letter from Elder Z. - March 26th

Hello!

I just read through this talk Elder Holland gave at Harvard University and man is it good. I love Elder Holland he has a way of speaking with such power and authority. I guess that would be the Spirit wouldn't it? Hahaha http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/harvard-elder-holland-mormonism-remarks

Anyway this week was really good. I wanted to make a goal to find as many people as we possibly could this week. Not only new investigators, but those "lost sheep" who were out there. We had a lot of success! We knocked doors into this lady from Sierra Leon who had been baptized in the church years before and moved from Old Town Alexandria to where she is not in Springfield. So that was pretty cool. Really hoping that we may teach her family :).

We also met this amazing couple that the Sisters found for us! They are so awesome. I felt the Spirit very strongly when I was over at their house. I will let you know how that is going and Also another family that we were able to give a blessing to their daughter. That was really cool! So we had just an amazing week! I feel so blessed to be a servant of the Lord here in Virginia.

We went out on exchanges with a guy who just returned from how mission a few days ago and I must admit it made me a little discouraged when he talked about how much success they had and the miracles they saw. How they didn't have to knock doors to much. So that entire day I was just a little down trodden. But, when checking up on a referral that a member gave us I got the opportunity to feel the Spirit testify to that man through me that God lives! He still communicates with us in these days through prophets and apostles! and that we have evidence of this in the Book of Mormon that can bring us closer to God as Joseph Smith said "than any other book on earth." I remembered what my purpose was and why I was out here. As Elder Eyering said a Successful missionary is a missionary who has the companionship of the Spirit. Don't you ever forget it.

Love you all talk to you soon. Enjoy general conference! I am so excited. Did you read the Ensign article on how to prepare for general conference? Basically it says study through the past messages of general conference.