Monday, October 3, 2011

Letter from Elder Z. - October 3rd

Man my head hurts for some reason. But, how is it going family. I promised you a spicy email so here it is. I hope I can do myself Justice! Ok, so this week has been crazy. I don't even know what to talk about first. It has been a busy week, but not that productive, which kind of stunk. Oh well there is always this week right? So Thursday we had to go to the singles ward for Elder Hinze to do a Baptismal interview. His first one! Then we went to institute with all the singles. It was waaaaay sweet! We got pretty deep into doctrine though. Talked about the whole mans potential thing which I was like....there are non members here....haha, but they were all freaking cool. 2 Recent converts Blake and Matt are so sweet! Blake has like all these Tattoos of stuff including like a naked chick on his neck which was way funny, because I had to look at him when he was answering questions, and there it was hahaha. Matt is sweet also he has this cross and Rosary and man they were just so chill. I want to be in that ward way bad. I also want a cross and rosary....just to have you know? I thought it was cool. Haha just kidding! There was also this way cool chick there named Angle. She writes her own songs, and plays on the guitar. She is going to record this month, I want a CD way bad. I really did sincerely like her stuff. I can't believe I was the same age as all of these guys. It didn't really felt like I belonged, probably because of the whole mission thing, but it was so awesome! I would love to serve there someday. Oh then we had to go to our investigators house to help her set up for a yard sale the next day. It was kind of irritating because her family wasn't helping her out period, and she has had reconstructive surgery. She can't even lift a gallon of milk....So that took the rest of the night. Next day we woke up like at 5:00 to go help her out with the yard sale, and did that until conference started, and then we were pretty wiped. Hinze dozed a little bit, I fought it off. Luckily Conference was the Bomb.com this year so it was no problems. Afterwards we tried to stop by people in the morning, but no one was really home. Then we went over to our investigators house and watched with the whole family on a computer hooked up to the big screen! So awesome. Man I love their kids they are so cute. I will have to send you pictures. Jacob, and Ryan. had some pizza and it was waaaaaay fun. Then Priesthood at the Stake center which was awesome. When we got home man we just crashed we were out in like 5 seconds. Sunday was not quite as busy. A sweet family in the ward, The Failes, were nice enough to let us come over and watch. They had a really comfy couch! I love watching conference at peoples homes. So much more comfortable and fun. Tracted for a little bit after, and ran into a less active! Him and his wife were watching Nascar on T.V. Elder Hinze loves Nascar and they became quick friends! It was really cool. Conference pumped me up. I just want to shout the message of the restoration to everyone! It is such a joyous message. Like we learned in conference don't let Satan bind your tongue. Be Bold in revealing the Truth God has told you to the others around you. It is our duty as Priesthood Holders in this Last Dispensation to warn, teach, and let every person on the earth know. That the Lord has once again opened the heavens and the power and authority to perform saving ordinances for Gods children, living or dead, has be brought back to the earth! What a Joyous message! "For God so Loved the World that he gave his Only Begotten Son. That whosoever believeth in him will perishth not, but have everlasting life." John 3:16 Watched the last session at good old brother Grigsby's. Then we had dinner over at our Ward mission leaders house. The one who we helped the previous day. Oh! Our investigators dropped off like silk sheets for us! My bed looks so bomb! It is soooooo comfortable. Red sheets hahahaha. I am soo warm. They are the sweetest guys. We are going over later today to thank em, and help em. This is the guys where he has all the motorcycles and guns. Well hope that made up for my crappy last letter! Love you guys the Gospel is true! Go out and serve your fellow men and God will be pleased with us! 


Love, Elder Cameron Zabriskie