Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Letter from Elder Z. - October 12th

Sorry I am so late! Columbus day was on Monday and the Library was closed. I wouldn't of even got to email anyway because I played in a golf tournament for charity and that took like 10 hours. It was way fun though. My game has improved mucho I got like a pro to give me some tips, and I gotta say although my drive isn't that great I can handle my wedges pretty freaking good. So I got to go to this because a member that owns a chik filey invited us to go. We got to play for free and it was like a 75 dollar entree fee. I think I probably would of scored around 100, but we played where everyone on the team plays from the best ball hit every shot. So I think we ended up getting like 65 or something like that. Not bad at all. I even contributed with some of my amazing wedge shots. I surprised myself I really did. I wanna play when I get back! So let me see. Things are a blur around here. I can't really remember what has been going on the last couple days. Besides me getting frustrated with my ward. Man I get frustrated because every ward in our zone it seems like (I know it isn't) get referrals like Candy. Elder Hinze and I are still struggling to find solid people to teach. I know God is helping us out and there is a good reason. I know I shouldn't, but I just I could see the fruits of the work come faster. I am really thankful for the people that we are currently teaching, and know that I am super blessed. So the other day I decided to clean my bike. I haven't done that in awhile....So I unscrewed a bunch of stuff and crap before I knew it I took the Derailer off. That thing is a pain to mess with! I will never move one again unless I know what I'm doing. It has to be like perfect or else the gears won't work right. It is really cool how all that stuff works. I don't really get it, but it is impressive that by a little wire connected to a thing of gears, You can change the gears with a little movement from your finger. That stuff is sweeet! So I went to take it to a bike shop and they fixed it. Took a ride on it, and it wasn't working again. So I'm taking it back today to have them fix it properly. Let me see The Book of Mormon is freaking sweeet! There is so much Doctrine in there and it is so crystal clear. In the Bible it seems like you have to hunt after every answer you want to get a meaning, but it states it plainly in the Book of Mormon. I love it! For my next pair of scriptures I think I'm going to get all the books separate. If they do it like that an Old Testament by itself a New Testament by itself. Topical Guide and BD with JS Translation by itself Book of Mormon by itself and Doctrine and Covenants by itself along with a Pearl of Great Price....by itself of course. I can just see me with like 6 books scattered across the table and seeing all the cross references and correlation. It is so freaking cool how everything fits together. One set of Scripture proves the other one and expands on it. Until you got like this really clear picture of whats going on. I love doing it. I think I wanna head into Theology I really do. You know I was bashing on BYU-I the other day and how I would NEVER go there, then I got a thought why not? I feel like I might end up going there. As much as I don't want to...But God's hand is in all things and he knows best right? Even if you have to go to a school that smells like manure and is in the middle of nowhere. Ugh....I still got like a year before any of that goes down though so I'm just gonna push it aside. But hey I documented it you can remind me of it later. So let me see let me see. Ya I got nothing. Conference was Saweeeet! I already talked about though didn't I?....Man I love you guys I feel like I got nothing else to say. So talk to ya soon!

Love, Elder Cameron Zabriskie