Monday, July 18, 2011

Letter from Elder Z. - July 18th

Check out the mission home blog for pictures of Cameron (found on the right sidebar of this blog). Also, a bit of background information - Our beloved grandmother McMahon passed away this last week. Cameron's mom's mom.

I really wish I could have known about all of this taking place. I am sad about losing Grandma, but I know that she is in a better place and she is looking out for all of us. It has been really hard to see her the last couple of years and I know it could not have been easy for you and your siblings and especially Grandpa. Does he have an email I could reach him at? I really would like to keep in contact that way. I have his address, but that is a lot faster and easier. I will try to write people today.

You need to tell Aunty Kat to email me/write me I would love to hear from her it has been a really long time.

I already told you to tell Mandy to write me. She is and will forever be one of my bestest friends and it makes me sad that we haven't talked for so long and I won't be able to see her in person for over a year! If she is not in Utah by then I am going to make a trip down there whether she wants me to or not. I love my cuzzez.

So a lot happened this week. The mess with my break is finally going to be over! I have another appointment in 6 weeks and I am good to go. I am almost back to 100% and I feel fantastic. Things are looking up big time.

Huge miracle happened actually tons in our entire zone this week! Because you care about me the mostest I'll only tell you mine and Bluemels. So first off 10 less actives came to church which was amazing! I realized something out here. My favorite people in the world are less actives, part members, and non members. Members are sweet too but we don't get to hang out as much. Secondly this 16 year old kid in our ward has brought his friend to church 2 weeks in a row. She actually thought she was going to get baptized yesterday! We told her that we had to talk about what we believe first, but we would be happy to baptize her next Sunday. So it is on. We are meeting like a ton this week! Including in about an hour. She is the most solid investigator I have ever had the pleasure to meet! I feel so blessed! She is going to youth conference with the rest of the ward this Thursday and I know that will be a big strengthening to her testimony and she will be ready when she comes back on Sunday! A little fast? Nah no way it is the true church and she wants the blessings that come with baptism so we are gonna do it.

I hope everyone had fun at Powell and were not to down with the tragedy of our family. It kind of feels like this is bringing us closer together. Having Mandy back with us is a huge miracle!

I have taken up learning Spanish. I don't care if I'm English or not it makes me upset when I can't talk to people just because of a language barrier so I am doing it. We have two roommates who speak fluent and an investigator who is a AP Spanish teacher. So I'm just going to buckle down and do it.

That's my update love you guys god bless and my prayers are with you.

Elder Cameron Zabriskie