Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Part of Cam's letter Dec. 8th

My apartment is pretty sweet! Two bedrooms two bathrooms and we share with 2 other Elders. They are also really fun and make living here enjoyable. We even got a Christmas tree from a member in the Chancelor ward. I'll try and remember to take a picture of it so you can see it. We have a kitchen and even a blender and stove and everything. So ya its good.

Like I told Dad the members here stuff us so I am good on food.

The weather here. It is only a little below 30 most days which I never thought was a big deal in Utah. It is extremely cold here though! Way more cold than in Utah, but in a different way. Luckily you equipped me or over equipped (however u spell it) me to be able to handle the harsh weather conditions. These thermal things are saving my life out here. I wear them like all the time. They are super warm and comfy and I even got to use my boots the other day when we got to go direct traffic at the Temple. It is weird it is called the DC temple, but it is actually in Maryland. It is way pretty though. They put up a bunch of Christmas lights just like in Salt Lake and invite everyone to come up. We are actually going to head up there a few times with our investigators.

I haven't really got to see any cool things except the Temple and the Washington monument I saw when I was flying in. But, we get to go sight see every once in awhile and I am really excited to be able to go see some of the sights. You always see pictures of these things, but they are real! Who would have thought.

My first couple days were really tiring. We met with a lot of investigators and knocked a lot of doors. President Albright said that the first transfer is always hard and it gets easier and easier the longer you are here. I totally agree with that. The first few days were rough, but that is of no consequence "Why should we mourn and think our lot is hard, Tis not so all is right" I love that song. Anyway don't worry about me I am doing fine sometimes I stop and think about how crazy it is that I am actually here. When I was up directing traffic I was like a year ago I would never have imagined me standing in Maryland with a missionary tag on telling people where to park. You get all kinds of experiences up here or I guess over here?

Ok so I get to write my real letter now. I have covered like so much it feels weird. Ok let me see I guess I'll just tell you a little about our investigators.

David- This guy is like the coolest guy ever. He is originally from the Kongo and a refugee in America. He speaks Swaheeli and French and he is working on his English. I love the guy

I don't really feel like doing more so ya deal with it hahaha

I won't be addressing everyone every letter anymore because I don't really know what to ask. I don't really know enough about your lives to ask good questions. Just know that I love you all and pray for you frequently. I hope that work and school is going pretty good and my siblings are all going on dates and what not. You don't know how much I want to date now that I can't it kind of blows like that "You just don't know what you got till its gone" Anyway I'll close with my testimony I am very privileged to be worthy enough to come out and be a full time missionary and disciple of Christ. He helps us every day in everything that we do. If we strive to do everything we can to become closer to him he will make up the rest. I know that Christ did suffer for all of our sins so that everyone could overcome spiritual and physical death. We will live on after this life and our loved ones that pass on are waiting for us and cheering us on to do the right thing on the other side. I love you all and pray for you.

Love,

Elder Zabriskie (Elder Cameron P. Zabriskie)