Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Letter from Cameron to the family - December 17th

I feel really bad that I couldn't write on wednesday, but luckily my companion thinks it is an important thing to do. So first off the reason I couldn't write on Wednesday it was mission Christmas Conference. So we just didn't have a P day pretty much and instead me went out to centerville about an hour and a half away to go see Elder Meriot(Yes the Meriot hotel guy) and just hang out with our fellow missionaries and have a good time. It was a lot of fun. We have some really talented people here in our mission and I had a really good time. President Albrights son and daughter in law came out to sing for us. They do Broadway stuff and they were so good! It was actually really neat and I thoroughly enjoyed it. All the talks given by the speakers touched me a lot. I cried like the entire time. I felt really lame, but I guess the spirit touches me that way sometimes. Every time that a speaker mentioned family and how we wouldn't be with our families this year I got a little sad. But, this is where I need to be. The members and even my investigators which I have met are extremely generous to me and I love them so much. It will be a different Christmas, but definitely a memorable one. I love the people out here and even if I don't get the chance to share the gospel with them I love just talking to them and seeing how I can serve them. Some missionaries really get caught up in the numbers. It isn't about the numbers though its about loving the people. Of course the best thing we can do for them is bring them closer to the savior and have them receive divine help.

Dad you wanted to know more about my investigators so I will share about a few that I have really come to love. Orlando is one of those. I actually taught Orlando I think the first day I came out here. He has been meeting with the missionaries for about three months maybe longer. He has so much faith it is ridiculous. He is one of the few investigators that we have that really enjoys reading the Book of Mormon and applying it to himself. He really understands that we can learn from the Book of Mormon not only about religious things, but every day things as well. He is a really awesome guy and he is coming to church with us this Sunday! :) Another is Gabrielle. She is the sweetest nicest lady I think I have ever met. She is originally from Trinidad. I don't know much about it but I guess it was or is under British rule. She is very proper and funny. She actually took us out to Panero Bread yesterday and instead of saying she is getting older she says I am maturing Chronologically. Hahaha I love her so much and I have only met her twice. I don't know if I have already said this. But, I think the Lord blesses me to be comfortable with people. I seriously can walk into a house and it feels like I have known that family for years. It is not awkward or anything. Maybe the Lord blesses all his missionaries with the ability to love people faster. Another thing that helps is that I don't have any family out here and they are the only thing I got for now. hahaha

That's a few of our investigators, I hope that will do and I will for sure keep you up to date on them because I like the fact that you guys actually care what goes on out here. I will help you have the missionary experience. I hope you are all doing well and O! If you were planning on sending somthing for Christmas send it through the U.S. Postal service not fed ex or something because it gets here faster (hint hint)hahaha. Anyway I hope that you can have a really good Christmas this year and you should definitely read Luke 2 when Jesus was born as well as 3 Nephi when Christ comes to America. This is a really special time. There is a song on the radio a Christmas song because that is all we can listen to that says something like "how many kings step down from there throne" to die for me or something. I like it a lot. Jesus Christ has done so much for us, his brothers and sisters, and it is important to remember why we actually celebrate Christmas.

I love you all and pray for ya. Keep being good and all that and I so much appreciate your letters they really do make my whole day brighter. Buh Bye and O i get to call you like in a week that should be fun :).

Love

Elder Zabriskie