Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Letter from Elder Z. - June 11th


Well well well
 
I feel like I ran out of interesting ways to start these emails. Anyone who reads this must be fed up with everything I write cuz I don't really say anything new. Sorry Ben. :) So this last week has been amazing. Our Zone has really started emphasizing inviting people to be baptized in every lesson with a specific date and guess what happened?!?! In our zone alone in the last two weeks I'm guess somewhere around 30+ people committed to be baptized on a certain date. On the condition of course that they get an answer that the Book of Mormon is true and this is Christ's true church. It is simply amazing. I know that the promise in Moroni 10 is real. That if we ask God with faith and real intent in the name of Christ he will manifest the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon by the Power of the Holy Ghost. I wish I would have caught hold of this key Doctrine earlier on in my mission. It has completely changed the way I do everything. Really our message is that simple. It all weighs upon the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and all I have been called out here to do is bear testimony of that truth and invite others to find out the same way. It is truly remarkable.
 
We met a few awesome people this last week. All through tracting. It is so awesome to meet people that have a desire to come closer to their Father in Heaven. What a privilege it is to be a guide to help people achieve that goal.
 
I love being a missionary. I will be super sad when I have to leave. I had a unique experience yesterday. An Elder that served his mission here about 2 years ago came and visited our ward and we were able to talk with him for quite awhile. Just hearing him talk about the mission that he loved really changed the way I thought about a lot of things. This time really is so short and precious. I hope to be like that missionary. To be able to look back with fondness of every second I spent out here serving the Lord and his children.
 
I love you all have a great week!