Monday, January 23, 2012

Letter from Elder Z. - Jan. 23rd

Hey family friends and associates!

Well one thing that I learned out here is that their is no such thing as a friend...only associates. I'm just kidding, but it is really sad that some people view the world that way. It seems like nobody has trust for anyone anymore, but that's ok I will take the risk I like you guys!

I'm guessing you are all curious( well probably the 5 of you that actually read this) of where I am?!?! Well you would not believe it it is absolutely crazy, but they redid the mission boundaries and where I am serving just happened to be in the West Virginia mission boundaries. So now I am serving there....April FOOLS! I am still in Warrenton in the DC South Mission. I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else. Elder Flaherty and I stayed together and are all ready for the upcoming transfer.

Elder Flaherty messed up his back somehow his bottom disc is messed up so he has been resting like half of the day. We make sure to go out at night, but it has been like reliving my mission accident. I got a lot of sympathy for him however, because I have gone through a similar experience. The great news is he is pretty much all the way healed. He didn't want to go to his Doctors appointment today( the soonest appointment we could schedule) I am making him. His Co pay is a lot of money, so he didn't want to go, but I told him, "dude money is not an issue. I will pay for it you are going." there is a very good chance that it is from a pre-existing injury and all he needed to do was rest up for a little bit, but it is better to be safe than sorry. If for some reason it is something else and it ends up getting worse and worse then we would be wishing that we went to see that Doctor. Money should never be an issue not while serving your mission. The Lord will provide right?

So this week has been pretty slow. I try to think of the most effective things to do while he is still fragile. ( I try to do that anyway, but since he can't really go out and about walking a lot) It has been a little different kind of missionary work. I let him sleep in because he needs the rest, but I have noticed something huge! Because we haven't been doing our companion study because of his injury I can notice a huge difference in our work and our effectiveness together. We taught a lesson and we weren't on the same page at all. Companionship study is the most important study in the morning. Some would disagree, but ya what can I say they are wrong. Comp study brings your companion and yourself together in Unity. It brings you on the same page and helps you discuss what is the best way to move the work forward. If you aren't "One" then you will be going out with 2 completely different agendas and plans. It doesn't work like that.

Church was really cool. The DC Temple President(or he was in presidency) and his wife came. She was the Temple Matron? I think that is what it is called. They talked about how important the temple is, they discussed that when God brings together saints no matter what time period in the world they always are commanded to build a temple. Looking in the Bible that is definitely true. We had a bunch of Investigators that were suppose to come to church, but none of em showed. Sometimes you can get discouraged, but we shouldn't as long as we are doing all we can and constantly seeking to do more, and have the Holy Ghost with us. We can trust that the Lord is pleased with us and the work we are doing. He is in control it is frustrating sometimes that we can't see the entire plan like he can, but that is where faith comes in. Trust him and it will all work out.

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints ins Christ's only true and living church on the earth. I know this because the Book of Mormon is true their is no doubt in my mind. That book is God's word and was translated through the power of God almighty.

I love you all have a great week