Monday, December 19, 2011

Letter from Elder Z. - December 19th

Hey Family!

My head hurts so I don't know what I will write. We have had another amazing week it flew right on by. It is pretty crazy that the mission goes by this fast. People told me that it goes faster and faster and I didn't believe them, but it is definitely true. Yesterday Elder Rothman (a traveling AP) called us in the morning and asked us what time our church was at...I was like uhmmm one...You coming over? and yes he did come over. I love Elder Rothman I got the pleasure of serving with him up in the Ashburn Stake my second Transfer. He is leaving in 2 weeks! Back to California. Man everyone I know out here is going home. I feel like I don't know anyone anymore, and all of these new guys know me somehow hahaha. Our mission is changing fast. In a good way. We are getting some really solid missionaries. I can see that with my companion Elder Flaherty. He may not think it, but he is really far ahead of where I was. I know every missionary says this, but I wish I would have prepared more for the mission. Well in my case there wouldn't have been much preparation because I decided I wanted to go like 6 months before I left. But, the more you know Preach my Gospel and have a testimony of God and the restoration of Jesus Christ's church. You will be eons ahead. Missionaries like me use up half their mission before the doctrine of the Gospel even sinks in, but I wouldn't change anything I've done. I am super happy with how my mission has turned out so far and am really looking forward to the future. I love it out here. I have the best job ever. I get to talk to people and share the way to the only source of real joy that lasts. The Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Let me see sorry I don't really know what to write. I'm just telling what comes to mind. We got a baptism coming up this Saturday (Christmas Eve) It will be really nice. I have met a lot of friends here that have made the choice to be baptized and it makes me really happy. God is always working miracles and I am so thankful that he counts me worthy to be an instrument to reach out to his children here. I don't know why I was mad when I opened my call letter to this mission. I wouldn't go anywhere else. It is the best mission in the world and that is fact!
We were able to go over to the Stake President's house just barely for a Christmas brunch sort of thing. He is a really good guy. I like him a lot. He actually came to our church yesterday and sat in on Gospel Principles and everything. It is a little intimidating when people come to classes like that, but ever since the area seventy sat in on a Gospel Principles class that I had to teach I just kind of roll with it. The Spirit will speak through you if you pray for it too and no matter what, you and the other person will be edified if the Spirit is present. D&C 50 I believe.
Anyway as you can see I'm great! I love you guys a lot and am anxious to talk to you all on Sunday! Do fun things together! That is one of the reason why I like this time of year a lot. You get to spend a lot of time with your family.
Like I said love you!



Elder Cameron Zabriskie