Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Letter from Cameron - April 4th
Okie Dokey letter time, So I bet your wondering why I am emailing you so early this week. Well the answer is our P-day has been switched to Monday! I don't really care either way we get a day to shop and write letters once a week so I am fine with this change. We had the opportunity to watch General Conference at members houses and new members houses, and yesterday Umar came and watched it over at our ward mission leaders house (Brother Berlew)! It was so exciting. I was talking to him the whole time and he told me that he told his girlfriend after we left at our last visit that he was about to cry. I was so touched and excited that he was able to feel the spirit when we taught him. He told me that he has been searching for something for all of his life to fill a hole in his heart. Man its good to be a missionary. Another person we have been working with is Andy. One of the young men in the ward invited him to come and watch it at his house and Andy told him that there was nothing wrong with our church and he was seriously considering being baptized! So it was a really good week. Although I feel like we didn't get the chance to get out much because of the General Conference. So another transfer has come and gone and currently I am with the infamous Elder Jones. He is such a sweet guy and I love being his companion. He is from Provo Utah and he is just really chill. I love it. We have been companions for like 5 days and it feels like transfers was just yesterday. Time really does fly when your having fun! Anyway pictures will come soon I hope. I am going to be sending some pictures home soon I think. So be ready for them! Mom you asked me if I wanted anything for my Birthday.........I want money so I can buy some slacks! I feel lacking in the slacks department....I also could use some new scriptures little ones that I can carry around with me. I hope that isn't to much to ask.....cause ya.....I want them hahaahah. I appreciate all of you for your letters especially my siblings! I freaking love you guys! Thanks for not forgetting me. Anyway what else is new.....Oh Elder Jones doesn't have his bike yet so we are pretty much walking everywhere and asking for tons of member rides. Its not a bad change to be walking around. Apparently you lose more pounds walking then biking. WHo knew?!?! Elder Jones and Crockett are really into getting ripped so we work out really hard like every morning. Who knows maybe I'll be able to get a smexy body. hahaha. Let me seeeeee.................................................................Ah I gave a blessing the other day and it was really scary at least for me. It was last P-day and I got this impression that this lady could be healed completely if we exercised faith. She had just been diagnosed with Lupos and is having a really hard time dealing with it. She chose me to give the blessing and I was freaking out! I don't really remember what I said exactly, but towards the end of the blessing I just felt that I should bless her to be healed. It took me awhile to act upon it because that's crazy but, I finally said "I bless you to be healed according to your faith!" I haven't heard from her though for awhile! I'm really curious, and I was so thankful for the opportunity that I had to give this great woman a blessing. Anyway much love much respect Elder Cameron Zabriskie P.S. Cameron's P-Day is now on Monday.
Labels:
Letters