Hello everybody,
This week has really flown by. We have been meeting with a bunch of people, and found some new people and bam its Wednesday again. Missionary work really does make time fly by. But, anyway yesterday I had a unique opportunity which I knew was bound to happen sometime on my mission. I was able to go to some ward members to give a blessing to 3 kiddies and the mom whos husband is currently stationed in South Carolina. So that was really neat. Look for those opportunities to use your priesthood. We have been given the awesome responsibility to go about doing good with it. To not bless ourselves, but others lives. Even you Brandon who has been called a teacher has many responsibilities. You literally are charged with helping people within the ward spiritually and temporally. That's why you get to go out and home teach! Make sure your doing it. I know that I flaked out a lot when people needed my help. Don't make my mistake.
Anyway Monday was really fun. Because I got to go back to my old area on exchanges. We stopped by Clara who has been a potential for pretty much forever. I know she was when I was there. Elder Gray and I helped her rake up some leaves and stuff back in December, but we went back over there, and we talked to her for awhile on her doorstep and she invited us in because she was getting cold. She told us that she couldn't talk about our message today, but she asked some questions which led right into the first discussion hahaha. I think towards the end of the discussion she realized that she had been bamboozled. But, Elder Gubeli and Tackaki are going back on Monday. Clara is like 81 years old, but the most energetic lady I have ever met. When we raked leaves in December she was working harder than I was.....she put me to shame.
Anyway, yesterday we had a pretty sweet experience. We went over to our new investigators house Ohmar a guy from Saraleon, and nobody answered the door. I could hear is 20 month old son though so I guess he was just busy today, or his brother was there who didn't sit in with us. But, anyway we just decided we would knock a few apartment complexes and see if we could find anyone. We went by a potential we had in the area a man named D who said you guys always catch me at a bad time. But, come on back tomorrow. So we will be going by later tonight. On the last door we were going to knock we ended up getting let in. We found out shortly after that this later was a Mormon! That she hadn't been to church in like forever, and no one from the ward had contacted her for about 2 years! It was kind of weird because she kept calling me cute and saying that if only I was a few years younger.....way weird. Really nice lady though. Diane is her name. She is 64 years old and lives alone. I think shes a little Cookoo, but who isn't right? Anyway that was pretty sweet. That's one of the things we are out here to do. To go find the lost sheep.
Anyway as you can tell things are pretty much the same out here. Just doing missionary work. Loooove it. I got to thinking that being a missionary makes you a Mark. It's kind of like the scarlet letter. Everybody knows what you stand for and you can't hide it because you constantly got your badge and clothes on. It's not a bad thing though. I wouldn't want people to see me any other way. I'm a Mormon and I'm proud of it.
Elder Cameron Zabriskie