Dear familia,
Yall are going to freak, but I'm in the Garrisonville area now! You see because neither Elder Sherwani or I had a drivers license they had to switch Elder Mobley and I. So yup I am in Garrisonville and I love it! It is a bike area here, but I think someone told me that it is the smallest ward boundary east of the Mississippi. So it is a tiny area, but a really good one. I absolutely love the people here and do not mind moving at all.
So I experienced my first zone conference the other day and I was able to be in the presence of Elder Richards from the second quorum of the 70. He is speaking in general conference in April so keep an eye out for him. He came and taught us about being 100% obedient and how blessings will come to you for having the desire to do everything the Lord asks. So I have committed to do everything I can to do this. I know you will be shocked at me saying this, but it is extremely difficult for me to get up in the mornings! I wake up at 6:30 come downstairs and maybe do some push ups or something sit on the couch and bam! I fall asleep all the way through personal study. Wasn't I just telling you a few weeks ago how important doing your studies were in the morning? Elder Richards said that the most important part of the day is 6:30 to 10:00 that is when you prepare yourself for the entire day. These are your first steps to being obedient in the day or not. The spirit can be with you very strongly from the very beginning of your day if you strive to wake up and do the things you are suppose to do. I am working on it. I have never been one to wake up this early in the morning and I am going to be honest and say it is the most difficult thing for me to do. Don't worry though I will get there.
I am right by a marine base called Quantico so everyone around me is pretty much a marine. I absolutely love marines. Mom you are going to freak out, but I am kind of considering it.....They are so friendly and awesome! plus I got to hold one of our new investigators Daniel's marine sword and it was the coolest thing ever! him and his roommate Zuleka. She is from Puerto Rico both are engineers in the marines and they work on the Presidents Helicopters! Pretty cool if you ask me. One of our other investigators is 19 years old and married! Shikari is also a marine and his wife Nakisha both live together and they are really cool as well. I don't know I like marines they are the nicest people I think I have ever met. More importantly they don't mind listening to our message :).
I got to meet Kelly one of our investigators for the first time yesterday. She trusts God with all her heart. She just told us flat out that she doesn't trust her feelings. The holy ghost works through feelings! So I told her in order to be able to discern things you just need to know what the presence of the holy ghost feels like to you. We committed her to read the Bible and pray and pay attention to her feelings then. Because God will not lie to you. I know that soon she will accept the message of the gospel and make commitments with heavenly father.
I have met so many people here that I cannot name them all. Just know I love this place. I love all of you guys and I promise I will start getting letters our to ya.
Have an amazing week.
Love,
Elder Cameron Zabriskie