Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Letter from Cameron - February 9th

Okieeeeeeeee, hows my family and freinds doing today?!

I know everything is going along great and you are all helping each other out as much as you can. Family is so important! Something I have really learned out here on my mission. I really appreciate everybody and everything that you have done for me. For now though I have to be out on my mission and do my best to bring the gospel to people who are waiting for it. I have made a substitute family for the time being my mission buddies! Who are really amazing guys that I am so lucky to have support me and such.

Anyway Larry was baptized on Saturday! It was a really special moment in my life. I know that Larry felt the change come over himself and the spirit confirm to him that the covenants he made with his Heavenly Father were done correctly. I had to give a talk on the holy ghost at the baptism. I was kinda scared because there were a lot of people there, but it turns out I'm not such a bad public speaker hahaha. I made a few points about the holy ghost and it all went along good. I'm not really scared about doing stuff anymore because we are constantly in weird situations. Just yesterday a guy bashed with us and said that although we were good people we were delusional about knowing the truth of the gospel. I was on an exchange with Elder Key (The Elder I live with from Mongolia) and we tried to explain to ask God to know if it's true. That didn't work either he said that the devil answers prayers to and he would get an answer from him -_-" man people sometimes. We continued to have a conversation for like a half hour until I finally said we had to go. I read in the Bible today in Mathew 7 I believe it might be 8 it says to not cast your pearls before swine so they may trample on them, or something to that effect. So next time that happens. I'm just going to tell them to pray about it and read it and leave it at that. If people already have a closed mind/ hardened heart there is no way they will listen to what you say, and I couldn't feel the spirit at all for that entire conversation. So another lesson I guess I learned is if you can't feel the spirit just stop. In D&C 50 it says that if you learn in any other way than the spirit it is not of God. So there really is no point.

Now I just have to think if anything else exciting happened this week....It's hard because the days here feel really short and the days really do blend together. Time flies it's crazy! Oh! I got to ride in a dodge charger yesterday. That was pretty sweet. The ward secretary brother Downs and his family had us over for dinner. He picked us up and we drove way out in lucketts to his....huge house. People out here are very wealthy. The amazing thing about their family was they were humble. Their kids were well behaved they all sat around the dinner table listened to their parents and everything. What a great family.

I got your package the other day. We were actually up by the mission office for a dentist appointment(not mine) so we went in and the mail truck came and I saw it and was really excited! Thanks for the Origami thing. I already made a penguin! It isn't that great though not Nikki standard anyway. I was actually showering this morning and my roommate Elder Brazell somehow opened the door and set one of those air rocket balloon things loose. Scared the crap out of me.....already ate a lot of the candy. I feel like I'm getting fat, but I have the rest of my life to worry about that.

Anyway Love you all and have a great day today!

Elder Cameron Zabriskie