Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Letter from Cameron - February 2nd

Alrighty how is it going everybody?

This week has been especially tough for me at least. But, come to think of it we have seen quite a bit of miracles. We were able to set Larry Hariss on date and he will be getting baptized this Saturday. That is pretty exciting. I will have to send back pictures sometime. We were able to meet with an investigator that Elder Kelley hasn't got to talk to for over a month and have a great lesson with him. I was able to teach a family at family home evening the importance of baptism with their little girl who is getting baptized this Saturday. I guess it has been a pretty good week. You just need to forget about all the opposition and how people treat you sometimes. I will relate an experience that happened to me on Monday.

I was on exchanges with Elder Dastrup. Someone I went to junior high with(weird) haha. We had walked like 45 minutes to get to these peoples house. We arrived there and nobody was home.....We dropped by a member family they were very sweet and got us some water. I just needed to rest from walking for a second and then we went on our way. We started the trek back because well I don't really know why we went back hahaha. I'm junior companion I just do what I'm told. When some kids drove up next to us and harassed us a little bit. They were probably my age and I thought afterwards I probably would have done something like that in high school and thought it was funny too. I learned a pretty good lesson from that. We have to love everybody. You have no idea what a person is like until after you have talked to them. Similar things like this have happened on my mission that don't really need to be mentioned. I just thought it important to record that the mission isn't all fun. There are a lot of people who do poke fun and ridicule you for your beliefs. I think their is a scripture in Mathew that states "you will be hated by all the people of the earth for my sake" It's true.

I really can't quite think of anything else to say. I guess I'm just in a bad state of mind right now. Something that I have learned is that you need to have a good attitude. Your attitude is everything. You could have the worst day in the entire world and if you had a good attitude about it everything would be ok.

Elder Zabriskie